A certain degree of conflict is healthy for family growth - if able to resolve the conflict, it helps highlight an individual's needs and the family system's requirement to adjust and adapt as family members grow and develop. However, families that are unable to resolve conflict on their own, and are living with on-going stress, may benefit from family therapy.
The goal of family therapy is to provide families the opportunity to air their differences in a safe environment where each member can feel heard and understood, then learn and practice tools for healthy communication and conflict resolution.
We work with families to minimize the conflict and increase the connection:
- Inter-family disagreements & conflict
- Struggles with in-laws and relatives
- Caregiving for an elderly parent or other family member
- Pre- and Post-Divorce
- Getting remarried & Blended families
- Managing a challenging ex-spouse
- Parenting skills
- Household management and Organizational skills for the family