You may be thinking, "I don't want to go through this! This isn't what I expected! I want to go around it, over it, under it. I want to sleep through it, so wake me up when it's over. Rewind back to before this change and I knew what to expect."
Life has a way of throwing curve balls that can knock us off our equilibrium. Sometimes these are anticipated transitions and other times they are unexpected. Even if you knew the transition is coming, your response and experience of that transition may be different than you anticipated.
Counseling to explore and process your experience of challenging transitions can help you feel more in control. We can also help you learn new or utilize old coping skills to get through the tough times.
Some of the many transitions we can support you through:
- Graduating high school
- Starting college or Joining the workforce
- Diagnoses with a serious illness
- Loss of friendships
- Majority of your friends are getting married or starting families and you're not
- Falling in love or Getting your heart broken
- Losing your virginity
- Healing after a relationship or marriage has ended